Unusual companions

Find the unusual while on business.

The other I had to go and install some window film in the country side. I do enjoy leaving the office and the city behind me. Just half an hour out of Auckland is a whole new way of life.

Driving down some windy gravel road, you never know what to expect around the next bend.
It could be a flock of sheep being herded by a farmer and his dogs, a family of quails crossing the road or some wild rabbits scurrying to their borrow. There are turkeys grazing, pheasants flying and rainbow parakeets sitting in the trees.
I ended up down by the waters edge at a beautiful homestead, so quiet and tranquil. The dog came up to have his sniff and decided that I was harmless. Then the little piglets came along to say hello. No human in sight. I knew where to go, the windows I had to tint had a little note attached.
So I did my work, cleaned up, closed the door behind me, patted the dog and the piglets and went on my way.
No wonder New Zealand is still called Godzone.
What a difference to an ordinary day, stuck in traffic in a noisy city, going from job to job.
Rolf Stucki

No comments: