Phone quotes vs visits

Window tinting is a complex process for residential or commercial projects.

Today, I took a call from a lady who needed to protect her art work from the sun.

She explained the situation over the phone and I had a mental picture. Listening to her, I asked a few questions, made some suggestions and was not really prepared to give her a quote.

Fortune had it that I had to visit another client in the area, so made an appointment to see her.

I turned up, looked at the situation and suggested a combination films to give her the best solution. We ended up with a quote for ceramic film in one area, a frosted film in the entrance and a solid vinyl for another situation.

This lady went through the phone book, called #* (well known brand) and got a "I don't know what you're talking about" response, called another one who wanted measurements to give a verbal quote over the phone.

My quote was about twice the phone quote, but this client now has all the information, without any nasty surprises and will go ahead with my suggestions.

Morale of this story? If in business, do care about the needs of the people kind enough to offer you their business!

Just a thought from a humble window tinter!
Ph 0800 846 892

No comments: